Dec. 15, 2022
Strengthening Public Health Systems in Canada
The Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) has launched a major advocacy campaign calling for governments across Canada to strengthen the structural foundations of Canada’s public health systems, making them cohesive, comprehensive and accountable. As a first step in this campaign, our brief Strengthening Public Health Systems in Canada asks for federal leadership to:
- Underpin systems with a common understanding of core public health functions;
- Define a shared set of population health goals to shape services and accountabilities;
- Update a detailed, modernized set of public health workforce competencies;
- Develop accessible online professional training for the public health workforce; and
- Reshape governance practices to translate public health efforts and expertise for a greater impact.
Get involved with this campaign!
- Read the policy brief and executive summary on the campaign website.
- Take action by sharing this campaign with your professional networks; by emailing your MP and Minister of Health, Jean-Yves Duclos, to urge their support; and by contributing an op-ed to your local newspaper or an article to your professional newsletter.
- Make a tax-deductible donation to CPHA.